St. Lucia is an island that spells the word paradise. It is known for its beauty, the beaches, the people, the majestic pitons and so much more. It may be small in size but has so much to offer. Travelers from all over the world come back 2 to 3 times just so they can get the full feel of the island. Wouldnt it be great if you had everything you should do on the island in one place? You are in luck because I am going to give you the best guide for things to do places to eat, the best beaches, accommodation and so much more. Let’s take a dive and see what this beautiful island has to offer.
We also do use Affiliate links in some of our posts meaning we could make a commission if you purchase from links. Tripadvisor, Expedia, and Booking.com are also some of our Affiliate partners that we link too.
Best time to go to St. Lucia
When is the best time to go to St. Lucia? Being a tropical island, it is pretty hot all through the year so if you are going based on the weather, I would say you’re are pretty ok. Temperatures from May to June are in the high 70’s to 80’s and it is also the months where hotels are a bit cheaper. In the months of August to the end of October, temperatures fall below 87 degrees.
Things to do in St. Lucia
I get asked the question through our Instagram account all the time. What are the best activities to do whilst in St. Lucia? Here are lists of things you can incorporate in your trip to St. Lucia.
Depending on where you are staying on the island there are many places where you can zip-line through the forest. Each tour company has something special and unique for their own tour.
You can book with Serenity Vacations with code JSTS for some amazing deals
The Itinerary includes:
- Zip Line Adventure in the morning.
- See awesome views as you drive through the countryside of Babonneau and Forestierre.
- Drive through the Fishing villages of Dennery, Micoud and the town of Vieux Fort.
- Drive through the Villages of Laborie & Choiseul with stops for photographs and “mix and mingle”
- Visit the unadulterated inner island communities with the most amazing scenery.
- Drive through a volcano in Soufriere with an optional mud bath
- Maranatha Botanical Garden
- Sumptuous, personalized buffet Creole lunch overlooking the pitons
- Banana Plantation
- Marigot Bay
- Morn Fortune Viewing & Historical points
- personal ambassador and service
- Return to hotel or cruise port
You can also book with Rain Forest Adventure through TripAdvisor; they pride themselves on being knowledgeable and having the best customer service on the island.
This tour includes:
- Aerial tram ride
- Fern Nature trail
- One (1) Nature Interpreter for a group of eight (8) guests
- Summer Operating Schedule (May 1 – October 31): 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday y Sunday
- After booking, please call our St Lucia reservation team at (758) 458-5151 to confirm your tour time or pick up time from the hotel.
- Aerial Tram Tour duration: 2.5 hours
St. Lucia is such an amazing island with so much to see and explore. Since you are visiting such an amazing place why not add another island to your bucket list. Serenity vacations can help you do that. You can get the visit 3 different islands in the Grenadines on this tour. It includes:
- 3 islands, 1 tour, Canouan, Mayreau, and Petit St. Vincent
- Aerial view of the pitons
- Swim with the turtles
- Breakfast and lunch on board
- The 15-minute flight to the Grenadines
- In-flight drinks and snacks
- Snorkeling horseshoe reef
- All-day bar
This tour can be booked through Serenity vacations with code JSTS for some amazing deals
This is a tour for the adrenaline junkies. If you are looking for something fun and exciting to do Aanansi ATV Tours will take care of you. The tour includes:
- 3-hour St Lucia ATV tour including transport time
- Ride a Yamaha all-terrain vehicle through tropical Caribbean landscapes
- Visit a working banana plantation and parts of the historical Marquis Estate
- Take in gorgeous views of Grande Anse Beach
- Round-trip transport from selected Castries or Gros Islet hotels included
- Small-group tour limited to 11 ensures a more personalized experience
This Kayaking Tour is fun for the whole family, so whether you are on a trip with your friends or brought the whole family for vacation, this tour will definitely be worth your while. You can contact dfhkayaking for their quotes. This tour comes in many different variations:
- Marigot Bay Kayaking
- Snorkel Kayaking
- Cruise ship Tours
- Anse Couchon Kayaking
- Soufriere Kayaking
- Kayak Fishing
Accommodation in St. Lucia
Accommodations in St. Lucia are a dime a dozen. Depending on where you want to stay on the island, or how you want to spend your vacation, we will provide the right accommodation for you.
- The Landings Resort and Spa
- Anse Chastanet Resort
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
- Calabash Cove Resort and Spa
- Ti Kaye Resort and Spa
- Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
- Cap Maison
- Sandals Resorts
- Coconut Bay
- Hideaway at Royalton St. Lucia
Villas in St. Lucia
- Stunning Beach Villa-Rodney Bay
- Modern One bedroom suite with Ocean view-Rodney Bay
- Treehouse Hideaway Villa-Soufriere
- 2 Bedroom villa with pool-Soufriere
- Your Place in Paradise-
- Lucia Luxury Villa –Gros Islet
- Holiday home In St. Lucia-Castries
- Private Sea Houses Of Marigot Bay-Castries
- Private luxurious home with solar heated pool-Vieux Fort
- Villa Pierre-Vieux Fort
Family Resorts in St. Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa
- The Landings St. Lucia
- Bay Gardens Beach resort
- James Club Morgan Bay
- Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
- Royalton St. Lucia Resort and Spa
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
- Cap Maison
- Humming Bird Beach Resort
- Oasis Marigot
Airbnb in St. Lucia
- Serena Villa– Soufriere
- Cosmos Lodge– Soufriere
- Villa Valerie– Cap Estate
- Ti Zan Cottage– Cap Estate, Pigeon Island
- Caribbean Blue Suite-Marigot
- The Oasis– Marigot
- A beautiful Beach House– Laborie
- Azaniah’ cabin-Castries
- Tet Rouge– La Pointe
Best Restaurants in St. Lucia
Anywhere you travel to, food is always the number one thing that you look for. I have put together a list of mostly local restaurants in St. Lucia in different parts of the island.
- The Naked Fisherman-Smugglers Cove road- Gros Islet
- Martha’s Table- Soufriere
- Fedo’s- Soufriere
- The Pink Plantation House- Castries
- Brown Sugar Restaurant and Bar-Vigie Cove , Castries
- The Coalpot- Seraphine Road , Castries
- Seagrapes Beach Bar and Restaurant- Gros Islet
- Jambe De Bois-Pigeon Island
- Roots Beach Bar- Marigot
- Marie’s Local Cuisine- Soufriere
Car Rental Services
Affordable Car Rental- email@example.com
Cool Breeze Jeep and Car Rentals- firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday add business Car Rental-1758-4520872
Best Beaches in St. Lucia
When traveling to the Caribbean beaches are a must. You want to get to the best beaches with the limited time you have to enjoy your travel. Here’s where I come in. Here are some of the best beaches in St. Lucia Depending on what you want to do. Whether you just want to laze around for the day or you want to do some fun activities like snorkeling, there’s the perfect beach for you.
- Anse Des Piton/ Sugarbeach- great for snorkeling
- Pigeon Island- Great for relaxing and learning a little history of St. Lucia
- Reduit beach- Best for beach activities
- La Toc beach- Known to be quiet and secluded
- Anse Chastenet- Also great for snorkeling
- Anse Louvert- Secluded Beach
- Marigot Bay-Beautiful scenery
- Vigie Beach-Close to cruise Port
Shopping In St. Lucia
Now that your vacation is almost over, I am guessing you are looking for some souvenirs to bring home for the friends and family or even something for yourself so you can remember the time you spent on this amazing island. Here are a few places you can find great stuff and good prices.
- The Castries Market
- Local street vendors
- Pointe Seraphine duty-free( passport needed)
- Rodney Bay shopping center
Things to buy in St. Lucia
- Cocoa stick
- Hot sauce
- Local honey
- Coconut Oil
Banks in St. Lucia
When traveling, it is always good to know that you have your home branch with you in case you need some extra cash. Here is a list of banks in St. Lucia that may be able to help you on your vacation.
- Royal Bank of Canada
- 1ST National Bank St. Lucia Ltd.
Best Currency to take to St. Lucia
St. Lucia’s currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar. MasterCard’s, Visa’s and American Express are accepted throughout the island from hotels and stores, but it is always best to have cash on hand. USD and the local dollar are most recognized.
- Stay at an Airbnb instead of a resort
- Book all-inclusive when looking for accommodation at resorts
- Shop around for best tours-(ask the locals)
- Buy food from local shops instead of restaurants
- Look out for free things to do
Check out How to Travel to St. Lucia on a Budget and save money for more info
Free things to do in St. Lucia
If you are looking to enjoy the island and not spend too much on tour and activities, here are a list of free things that you can do.
- Watch the sunset
- Have a picnic on the beach
- Rainforest walk
Nightlife in St. Lucia
No matter what you are into there is always something to enjoy at night on your trip to St. Lucia. Here are lists of things that will make your nightlife exciting.
- Friday Night Jump up- Gros Islet
- Fish Friday – Anse la Raye
- Many bars and restaurants all over the island
St. Lucia is such an amazing island with so much to do. Having a guide to do these things is so much better. Please feel free to comment on other things you need to know when traveling to St. Lucia.